A great way to use up overripe bananas.
- Frozen overripe bananas. Don’t try to use green or barely ripe bananas. They won’t be sweet enough or soft enough.
- Yogurt. I usually add this for some lovely creaminess.
- Peanut butter. I like to add peanut butter for protein.
- Nutella. OK, this is perhaps a little less healthy than promised, but it’s still a delicious add
- Anything else that sounds good to you! Chocolate chips? Another kind of fruit? A splash of coconut milk? Shredded coconut? Chia seeds?
- Break the frozen bananas into smaller pieces for easier blending. Drop them in a blender with whatever other ingredients you’re using. Add the other ingredients in in ratios that make sense to you — you can always adjust later.
I usually make more than one serving and freeze the rest for later. Keep in mind though that this “ice cream” freezes pretty hard. So, you’ll want to give it a few minutes on the counter to defrost before sinking your spoon in.