A great use for extra cookies, leftover cookies, just-ok cookies and any other cookies you can’t manage to eat in time. Like cookie pops, but without the stick or fuss.
- Cookies. I used half a gallon-sized bag of cookies.
- Cream cheese. Enough to make a moldable paste with your pulverized cookies.
- Baking chocolate/chocolate chips. Or just random chocolate you need to use. Leftover Halloween candy anyone?
- Sugar, spices, cocoa powder. Optional, depending on the cookies you’re starting with.
- Peanut butter, Nutella, nuts, dried fruit. Optional.
- Put cookies in a food processor and pulse until they are a fine powder. Depending on the cookies, the texture of the powder will differ.
- If you’re adding nuts or dried fruit, pulse those with the cookies too.
- Pour the cookie powder into a bowl.
- Mix in sugar, spices, cocoa powder, if using.
- Stir in cream cheese (and any extras like peanut butter or nutella) until a paste firm enough to hold a shape forms.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave.
- Form the cream cheese dough into balls and use a spoon to dip and coat them in the chocolate.
- Set them on a silicone mat on a cookie sheet. Pop the sheet in the freezer for faster setting.
- Store the truffles in the freezer when not serving them.